Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tamawhariua – Services
Our core purpose is to improve the health and social status of our client base with intent of meeting their hopes and aspirations for a sustainable future.
We Provide a range of Services including:
- Whanau Support
- Youth at risk
- Adult Mental Health
- Infant Child Adolescent Youth Mental Health
- Peer support and Advocacy
- Alcohol and other Drugs Support
- Whanau Ora
- Whanau Ora Navigator
Kaupapa Adult Mental Health Clinician.
- To ensure KAMH works in partnership with whanau (client).
- To ensure whanau (client) is protected (privacy, confidentiality)and safety is paramount.
- To ensure whanau ( client) participates in all decision making..
Tino Rangatirtanga – Taking ownership of ones own health & wellbeing. – I will walk beside you, not in front or behind.
Youth at risk
- To work alongside Rangatahi/Youth and their Whanau
- To receive optimal cultural care and support in order to empower them to achieve their goals, with the aim that Rangatahi/Youth no longer offend or exhibit anti social behaviour.
ICAY Mental Health Services
To support whanau & carers in maximizing the individual developmental potential & mental health of Infants, Children & Youth
- Provides a Maori community health service with a range of general health education and promotions ,advisory and liaison and coordination activities.
- A key objective of the service is to ensure that the activities of existing health professionals are co-ordinated and effectively targeted for Maori, and the Maori are assisted to better utilise those services.
- Services will delivered through whanau health plans of specific conditions and age groups to improve their whanau well being.
To deliver Kaupapa Maori community based early intervention programs and treatment for Alcohol and other drug addictions for Rangatahi/Youth at risk of having or developing addictions to substance related lifestyles. This service is provided to Youth aged 0-20 years of age.
To support whanau with Tamariki towards a productive and connected family unit by supporting their overall needs to wellbeing